Summer is here, which means it's vacation season! There's so much to consider when planning a trip — choosing a destination, accommodations, transportation, packing — that the security of your home can often be overlooked. Luckily, in today’s day and age of Internet-enabled devices, there are a plethora of cameras and security devices that are easily installed and managed through your smartphone, so you can leave your worries at home.
Here are nine connected home devices available right now at your local Cincinnati Bell store that you can have up and running before for your next vacation.
- Nest Secure – This alarm system combines a number of different Nest devices to create an all in one, smart security system. It can be armed and disarmed from anywhere, ensuring you are always in full control. Rest easy knowing you can effortlessly control your home's security from the palm of your hand.
- Nest x Yale Lock – This tamper-proof, key-free deadbolt locks connects to your Nest app. With this app, you can lock and unlock your door from anywhere with the touch of a button, or with your voice, and assign temporary unlock passcodes that expire after a short period of time. Additionally, you will receive alerts when someone unlocks and locks the door. Never worry about remembering or double-checking to lock the door again.
- Nest Hello – This video doorbell captures HD video and images, day and night. The doorbell is designed to show you anything you need to see at your door, packages being delivered, people coming and going, head-to-toe shots of who is there. With 24/7 streaming, night vision, both standard and specialized alerts, and the ability to speak via the doorbell, this doorbell has it all.
- Nest Protect – This smart fire alarm and carbon monoxide detector features the latest and most advanced technology in home safety. It features a “Split-Spectrum Sensor,” which allows the device to sense whether a fire is slow or fast burning, whether the amount of and type smoke should cause concern, and tests carbon monoxide. Additionally, the device communicate with the app o your smart home to send alerts to you and your family, silence alarms, checks safety, and more. You can truly rest easy with this in your home.
- Nest Cam IQ Outdoor & Indoor – The Nest IQ cam comes in both an indoor and outdoor version. The outdoor is weatherproof, tamper proof, while the indoor features its own perks for ideal indoor use. These cameras use “supersight” technology, which can detect a person up to 50 feet away and send you a picture of who is there. The 4K sensor displays various camera angles, allows for zoom, and recognizes familiar faces. You can always know what is going on in and around your home, even when you’re not there.
- Nest Cam Outdoor & Indoor – With the indoor and outdoor Nest cams, be alerted when anyone is at your door, your yard, or inside your house. These durable, simple to install devices capture video, images, have speaking through a mic capabilities, have sharing capabilities, and much more.
- tp-link Wi-Fi Mini Plug - Connect your interior lights to a tp-link smart plug and you can schedule them to automatically switch on or off giving the impression someone is home. You can also manually control the plug remotely from your smartphne using the Kasa Smart app
- MyQ Smart Garage Hub – This hub turns most garage doors into smart garage doors that you can control with your smartphone. You can set schedules to open and close your garage door to best fit your schedule, get alerts when your garage door is opened and closed, and of course, control your garage door from wherever you are. Never ask yourself “Did I close the garage door?!” in a panic again.
- Ring Floodlight Cam – This alarm has it all; a camera, floodlights, a speaker, a siren, and of course is controlled through your smartphone. Plus, the lights also have a flash setting! This camera has everything you need to be completely aware of everything going on around your home.
Take some peace of mind on your next vacation. Visit a Cincinnati Bell store today to browse these, and many other, IOT devices that can help you protect your home. Click the button below to find a Cincinnati Bell store near you.