Imagine an expo. A place where all sorts of different things and companies are on display in one space, over a set layout. Next, imagine all the coolest technology. Everything from wearable technology to robots and flying cars. Now, imagine walking around and seeing all the most exciting technology in one place, current
and future facing. How cool is that?
This awesome event exists, and is called the CES (Consumer Electronics Show). Since 1967, the Consumer Technology Association hosts this annual event in Las Vegas that “sets the Global Stage for Innovation”.Over the course of four days, more than 4.4 thousand companies will exhibit their exciting innovations over a 2.7 million net square foot space, which includes The Venetian, The Palazzo, the Wynn Las Vegas, the Las Vegas Convention and World Trade Center, and more. Last year, over 182,000 people attended from all over the world.
Cincinnati Bell will be attending and monitoring the show as part of our ongoing effort to be your hometown technology partner – bringing our customers innovation and education about the latest advancements in technology, and how it can improve your life.
This week, we’ll be posting pictures & videos straight from the showroom floor, as well as highlights of the day. Follow our blog and social media to stay tuned for updates.
A sneak peek of the exhibitors & speakers (just to name a few) include:
- Muriel Bowser – Mayor of Washington D.C.
- Elaine L. Chao – U.S. Secretary of Transportation
- John Donovan – CEO AT&T Communications
- Alicia Hatch – Digital CMO, Deloitte
- I.P. Park – President and Chief Technology Officer, LG Electronics
- Michele Turner – Senior Director, Smart Home Ecosystem, Google
- Hans Verstberg – CEO, Verizon
At the conference, attendees will be able to catch keynote addresses from industry thought-leaders, attend specialty innovation sessions, and explore the exciting technological advancements of thousands of companies. The event is organized into product categories and marketplaces for easy access and scheduling.
Every year, new and exciting innovations are announced to the world. Some exciting things from the past that were originally announced at CES include:
- The Videocassette Recorder (VCR), (1970)
- Camcorder and Compact Disc Player, (1981)
- Digital Versatile Disk (DVD), (1996)
- High Definition Television (HDTV), (1998)
- Satellite Radio, (2000)
- Microsoft Xbox and Plasma TV, (2001)
- Blu-Ray DVD and HDTV PVR, (2003)
- HD Radio, (2004)
- 3D HDTV, (2009)
- Tablets, Netbooks and Android Devices, (2010)
- Ultra HDTV, Flexible OLED, Driverless Car Technology, (2013)
- 3D Printers, Wearable Technologies, (2014)
- Virtual Reality, (2015)
This year, some of the exciting technology topics include:
- Robotics & Machine Intelligence (sounds like there will be ALL the robots)
- 5G and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Health & Wellness
- Home & Family
In years past, Cincinnati Bell has added new technology to our product family based on the top trends introduced at CES each year, including smart home devices, virtual assistants, HDTV, and more.
This year, representatives from Cincinnati Bell will be attending CES to learn about new innovations at work. Stay tuned with us as they explore CES over four days and hear about all sorts of cool things!
Be sure to subscribe to the blog and Cincinnati Bell social media platforms to stay on top of daily updates, exciting announcements, and more!